What a great year!!! Thanks everyone for tremendous support of Feile Seamus Creagh! This year we saw the largest crowds ever and even sold-out several concerts - a first for us and very exciting! The board of directors and planning committee this year was made up of nine very dedicated people:
Graham Wells, Sherry House, Allison Chidley, Michelle Brophy, Katie Chidley, Lee Dunne, Julia Bowdring, Gerry Strong and Rob Brown.
We are very lucky to have such dedicated volunteers and enthusiastic audiences! Stay tuned - we will announce the dates for Feile 2016 very soon with the line-up to follow by the beginning of the 2016 calendar year. Please tell your friends and relatives far and wide and let's make 2016 just as exciting as 2015 for traditional music in Newfoundland and Labrador!!
We are delighted to announce the line-up for this year's event!!
- Conor Moriarty (IRELAND: Button Accordion)
- Oisin McAuley (IRELAND: Fiddle)
- Benny McCarthy (IRELAND: Button Accordion)
- Caoimhin O Fearghail (IRELAND: Uilleann Pipes, flute, guitar, sean nós song)
- Jimmy Crowley (IRELAND: Song, Guitar, Bouzouki)
- Graham Wells (NEWFOUNDLAND: Button Accordion)
- Jim Payne (NEWFOUNDLAND: Song, Guitar, 4-Stop Accordion)
- Fergus O'Byrne (NEWFOUNDLAND: Song, Guitar, Banjo, Bodhran, Concertina)
- Pamela Morgan (NEWFOUNDLAND: Song, Guitar)
- The Dunne Family (NEWFOUNDLAND: Song, Guitar)
- John Curran (NEWFOUNDLAND: Song, Guitar)
- Greg Walsh (NEWFOUNDLAND: Song, Guitar, Fiddle, Bouzouki, Banjo)
- Duane Andrews (NEWFOUNDLAND: Guitar, Fiddle)
- Craig Young (NEWFOUNDLAND: Song, Guitar)
- Justin Bowman (NEWFOUNDLAND: Song, Guitar, 4-Stop Accordion)
- Mike Mutrey (NEWFOUNDLAND: Guitar, Song)
We are particularly excited to be able to announce also that we will have award-winning Irish step dancer:
- Cara Butler (USA: Step Dance)
Please check back for more information over the coming weeks or send us an email at email@example.com
What a fabulous (and exhausting!) weekend! Thanks to all the volunteers, musicians, sponsors and the crowds who came-out to hear some of the best traditional music you'll hear anywhere. Classes were fabulous and I think all involved went away with at least one new tune and some technique to work on. Stay tuned for photos from the weekend and keep checking back for details about next year's event!